- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Merkel believes that Georgia and the Ukraine should not be granted MAP2008-12-02 09:47
Angela Merkel, the Chancellor of Germany, rejects American plans for accelerated admission of Georgia and the Ukraine to NATO, states today Tomas Steg, a representative of German government, ITAR-TASS informs. According to Merkel, both countries will not meet the requirements to potential NATO members, Steg adds.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In this issue Merkel shares the view of Frank-Walter Steinmeier , who has previously called not to go beyond agreements achieved at the NATO summit in Bucharest held in April 2008.
NATO member countries ForeignMinisters will discuss the issue of Georgia's joining MAP (Membership Action Plan) on December, 2nd-3rd , at the coming meeting in Brussels.
Let us remind, that at the latest NATO summit in Bucharest 26 member countries of the alliance agreed to leave other countries an opportunity to join, but didn't support the proposition of the USA to include Georgia and the Ukraine into the MAP.