- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
EU: we can’t settle conflicts in South Caucasus2010-08-09 17:26
Hansjorg Haber, the EU Monitoring Mission in Georgia head, stated that only Georgia, Russia, Abkhazia, and South Ossetia - i.e. parties of the conflicts, can settle the conflicts in South Caucasus. He added the EUMM can't do it instead of them - Trend.az.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Haber explained the EU can only create the environment of opportunities for settling conflicts in the territory of Georgia.
In his view, the parties of the conflicts must prepare and take the full responsibility for long-term and sustainable settlement for the sake of the well-being of people, living in the region.
The diplomat also expressed confidence the EU missioners are ready to take a neutral stand in issues affecting the situation in regards of security in the territories adjacent to borders, and of civilians' life in on both sides of borders between Georgia and Abkhazia and Georgia and South Ossetia.