- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Expert: Georgia’s militarization can lead to a new war2010-08-11 13:45
Igor Korotchenko, the Russian political scientist and the National Defense journal editor-in-chief believes that USA's support for Saakashvili regime isn't of political character alone, but is also manifested in active support for re-arming, and therefore can lead to a new war in South Caucasus - Osinform.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Washington bears a significant part of responsibility for that bloody aggression we witnessed in the curse of the 5-day war, - he noted. - Even now the USA will support its satellite, in this way creating conditions for a new provocative sally, which Tbilisi regime can take".
In the view of Korotchenko, in comparison to August 2008, Georgia significantly increased its military potential.
"In Georgia all the necessary infrastructure for a new war was created. The army is actively trained, tested, including via sending Georgian contingents to Iraq. Therefore Tbilisi has a material basis for waging war, and the development of situation in the future must be watched seriously," he concluded.