- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
90 rare books are back to the National Library of South Ossetia2008-12-02 13:37
North Ossetian customs officers handed 90 rare books, withdrawn at the Nizhniy Zaramag post from people who tried to get the books to Russia, Kavkazskiy Uzel informs.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Among rare books: 80 volumes of the Brockhaus and Efron Encyclopedic Dictionary ( printed in 1893-1903), The Iliad by Homer (1929) , album on geography of non-European countries (1904), book of Russian folk songs (1870) and many others.
The administration of North Ossetian customs, as well as Valeria Kokoyeva, the director of the Anacharsis National Library of South Ossetia, visited the ceremony of books granting.
"Today, when South Ossetia goes through its revival, we are glad to have rare editions back. These books of high historical and bibliographical value, were lost during the events of August 2008 ", - Kokoyeva said.