- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
UN to continue financial aid to Ajaria2010-08-11 17:43
Jamie McGoldrick, the UNDP resident representative to Georgia, will visit Ajaria with a 3-day visit - Business-Gruzia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He will meet with leaders of the autonomous republic and get acquainted with the projects being implemented in Batumi.
Ajaria has participated in the UN Development program since 2008. Over this time the digital map of Batumi and audio guide with detailed information about tourists' Batumi in Georgian, English, and Russian languages were released.
Besides, Batumi centre of professional retraining conducted a course in spheres of agriculture, tourism, and IT. Over 400 students attended it.
The UNDP researched potential of agriculture of Ajaria and purchased a field laboratory for sampling soil and fruit for the Ministry of Agriculture.
Besides, a strategy of local development of the city was worked out in the framework of the program.
The program lasts till end 2011.