- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Washington doesn’t worry about S-300 in Abkhazia2010-08-12 10:52
According to U.S. Department of State spokesman Philip Crowley, the United States isn't surprised with Russia' desire to install S-300 missile defense system in Abkhazia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"It's our understanding that Russia has had S-300 missiles in Abkhazia for the past two years," he said at yesterday's briefing in Washington - Civil.ge .
"We can't confirm whether they [Russia] have added to those systems or not. We will look into that. This by itself is not necessarily a new development. That system has been in place for some time," Crowley added.
Yesterday the Air Forces of Russia reported they reinforced their defense positions in the territory of Abkhazia.
"S-300 system has been installed by us in the territory of Abkhazia. In cooperation with the missile defense means of land forces it solves tasks on missile defense of territory of Abkhazia and South Ossetia," explained General Colonel Alexander Zelin, the Air Forces commander-in-chief.