- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
France is concerned about deployment of S-300 in Abkhazia2010-08-13 11:56
The Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs of France expressed concern with deployment of S-300, the Russian missile defense systems in Abkhazia - RosBalt.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"This deployment is unlikely to contribute to the stabilization of the region. We urge all of the parties to uphold and comply fully with the agreements of August 12 and September 8, 2008," the Ministry's spokesperson said.
"France reaffirms its attachment to respect for Georgia's independence, territorial integrity and sovereignty, within its internationally recognized borders. NATO has also repeatedly reaffirmed its attachment to the principle of Georgia's territorial integrity," the statement adds.
Two days ago the Air Forces of Russia reported they reinforced their defense positions in the territory of Abkhazia.
"S-300 system has been installed by us in the territory of Abkhazia. In cooperation with the missile defense means of land forces it solves tasks on missile defense of territory of Abkhazia and South Ossetia," explained General Colonel Alexander Zelin, the Air Forces commander-in-chief.