- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
North Ossetia takes for granted: Saakashvili is a war criminal2008-12-02 18:29
The collected evidence prove: the present-day president of Georgia is a war criminal, and must endure punishment, believes Larisa Habitsova, the Speaker of North Ossetian Parliament.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Now, when the information blockade is broken, the world will finally learn the truth on tragedy in South Ossetia, she states at today's meeting of the CE Congress of Local and Regional Authorities , ITAR-TASS informs.
"Peoples of North and South Ossetia integrated Russia voluntarily 235 years ago, and consider themselves to be its part, and, therefore, Russians, - Habitsova noticed. - Since that times South Ossetian people suffered three genocides from Georgian side: in 1920, in 1992 and in August 2008. During these genocides over 10 thousand Ossetians were killed, over 100 Ossetian settlements - burnt down, over 200 thousand fled. There were forms of "hidden" genocide, like forced assimilation, artificial welfare decrease. 20 years ago Andrey Sakharov, an academician, called Georgia a "mini-empire" and condemned the slogan of Georgian government, "Georgia for Georgians". Abkhazians, Russians, Lezghins, Turks and Greeks fell victims to this policy ".
"The collected evidence indisputably witness that Saakashvili is a war criminal and must endure its punishment ", - she underlines.
"We turned to the International Court in The Hague with our suit. The one, who doesn't want to see the truth, will not be able to look in his\her child's eyes fairly", - Habitsova concludes.