- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia and Azerbaijan are already a confederation2010-08-19 18:16
The present-day relations of Georgia and Azerbaijan allow calling the union of the two states a confederation, Azerbaijani political scientist Vafa Guluzade said.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"De-facto the whole range of confederation's paragraphs already exists. Baku-Jeyhan oil pipeline, gas pipeline, railway, which connect. Then the big transport corridor of all Central Asia, Azerbaijan, and in the future of all Caucasus will go through all Georgia. That's why Azerbaijan and Georgia, as pioneers of the confederation, are already a confederation," the expert said to Echo of Caucasus.
According to Guluzade, Azerbaijan and Georgia are inseparably tied with national interests. "Azerbaijan cannot exist without the corridor to Georgia, to the West, to Turkey, and further, to Europe; and Georgia cannot exist without the flow which is going, and later will increase and, when all riches of Central Asia and Caucasus will flow via its territory to the West, the Mediterranean Sea, all around the world" he added.
In end July Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, claimed that Georgia and Azerbaijan must establish confederative relations, as their relations go beyond just partner's and allies'.