- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Opposition attempted to block Rustaveli Avenue2010-08-19 18:18
Several opposition members were detained at the rally of refugees and street vendors in Tbilisi.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Georgian mass media, these two are Alexander Shalamberidze [People's Party] and Levan Chitadze [ARA movement[in translation means "No"]]. Rally participants said these two were delivered to the police station in Digomi district.
They were detained for an attempt to block the traffic in Rustaveli Avenue near the Parliament building.
Lasha Chkhartishvili, the Conservative Party representative, announced he was the main organizer of the rally and would go the police station to bear responsibility - Novosti-Gruzia.
The rally itself was staged today near Avlabari residence of the head of state. Its 300 participants demanded the authorities to fulfill their promises of providing dwelling for refugees. Some opposition movements joined the protestors.