- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
A fresco depicting David the Builder was found in a Georgian cathedral2010-08-20 15:12
In Alaverdi cathedral of 11th century a fresco, supposedly depicting David Agmashenebli, was found.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Nika Vacheishvili, the head of the Agency for Protection of Cultural Heritage, the fresco was found in the northern part of the monastery. The image dates back to 11th century.
According to Vacheishvili, in case it is proven the person depicted on the fresco is really David Agmashenebly, it will be only the second or third his portrayal on a fresco in Georgian art.
The finding is now examined by specialists.