- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
NATO offers Georgia and Ukraine “consolatory” program instead of MAP2008-12-03 11:20
Meeting of the Ukraine-NATO and Georgia-NATO Commissions at the level of Foreign Affairs Ministers are held today in the alliance headquarters in Brussels, RIA-Novosti informs.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"NATO will strengthen its advice and assistance for those reform efforts in the frameworks of the NATO-Ukraine Commission and the NATO-Georgia", - stated Jaap de Hoop Scheffer, NATO Secretary General, at yesterday's meeting.
He also mentioned that the alliance would offer the two countries a new format in the frame of the so-called "annual national program".
Let us remind that Foreign Ministers of 26 NATO member countries held a meeting in Brussels on Tuesday, but didn't reach the agreement of Ukraine and Georgia joining MAP (Membership Action Plan).
At the same time, Scheffer underlined that NATO foreign ministers have reiterated the decision made at the April NATO summit in Bucharest, Romania, that the two countries will eventually become NATO members.
NATO denied the access to MAP, but offered Georgia and Ukraine annual national programs. Dmitry Rogozin, the Permanent Representative of Russia to NATO, regarded it as a"consolation prize". In his view, it's "putting a brave face on sorry business. In fact, it's a drop of MAP ".