- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
EU can offer Georgia associated membership2008-12-03 12:25
The EU can offer associated membership to Georgia, Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Armenia and Moldova, believes Ramaz Klimiashvili, Georgian political scientist.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Klimashvili, this issue is to be discussed at the EU meeting on December, 12th , Day.Az informs.
Previously there has been talks on South Caucasian Federation establishment.
Klimiashvili believes that such an offer from the EU will be a step forward; Georgia will have to adopt European lifestyle and, in particular, legislation and law obedience.
«To begin with, it's informal information, that's behind-the-scene insight. On December, 12th the meeting is to be held, but core discussion and promotion is going to take place in July. Before, we should correlate the legislation with the EU laws and various codes. It's going to be a true step forward. The common good is: we, Georgians, will have to live in the EU style and obey their laws», - Klimiashvili states.
«There are common and individual laws. Associated member doesn't have to change them all. In this case we are talking of economical legislation and, let it say, legislation of political character. The primary purpose of the West is to create a united economic market. To cut a long story short, we are offered some new the EU-style model, and should it prove to be worthy, all the five countries, with their common market, will possibly be recognized as members. I'm sure that what the EU is currently doing, has already been discussed with Russia», - Klimiashvili says.