- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia and Ukraine won’t be NATO members even in 20 years2008-12-03 14:04
Neither Georgia nor Ukraine will join NATO in 20 years, believes Alexander Khramchikhin, the chief analyst of the Institute of Military and Political Analysis, RIA Novosti reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"It's absolutely impossible, especially after events of August 2008 in Georgia. Now Europe evidently will not let the join NATO: never and under no circumstances. Possibly, in 20 years, when it all will be forgotten. But making prognoses for 20 years ahead is impossible today ", - Khramchikhin said as he commented the results of yesterday's NATO member countries Foreign Ministers meeting and chances of Georgia and Ukraine to join NATO.
Let us remind that on December, 2nd (Tuesday) Foreign Ministers of 26 NATO member countries didn't reach the agreement on Georgia and Ukraine joining MAP (Membership Action Plan). According to Jaap de Hoop Scheffer, NATO Secretary-General, both countries must make considerable efforts to meet NATO requirements. He underlined that MAP didn't "evaporate".