- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
On Citizenship law was amended2010-08-27 14:42
According to the new amendments to the law On Citizenship, the person is stripped of Georgian citizenship only in case he/she was granted the citizenship of another state - Novosti-Gruzia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The message of the Ministry of Justice says the amendments were introduced to protect rights of Georgian citizens, as according to previous rules to have the case on granting foreign citizenship a person must quit the Georgian one. In case foreign citizenship wasn't granted, the person remained without any.
This amendment protects people from the status of stateless, as the presidential order on a person's quitting the citizenship of Georgia will be valid only when documents on granting citizenship of another state are presented.