- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili: number of tourists in Georgia must exceed its population2010-08-30 18:41
Mikheil Saakashvili, the leader of Georgia, expects the number of tourists reach 2 000 000 by the end of the year; and in 2013 - to exceed the number of population - Trend.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to his calculations, in 5 years Georgia will be visited by 10 000 000 tourists.
The figures were voiced at today's meeting in Batumi with the Minister of Economy Vera Kobalia, Rachi governor David Gagoshidze; Samegrelo-Zemo Svaneti governor Zaza Gorozia; chairman of Ajaria's government Levan Varshalomidze; and chairperson of the Department for Tourism and Resorts, Maya Sidamonidze.
This year Ajaria was visited by 718 000 tourists. According to Varshalomidze, the rate includes only those, who stayed in hotels, but should private sector be considered, the figure will be over 900 000.