- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Iran enriched 25 kilos of uranium for medical purposes2010-08-31 16:42
Within a year Iran can produce enough uranium for a researcher's nuclear reactor - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Ali Akbar Salehi, the head of the Organisation for Nuclear Energy of Iran confirmed the country has already produced 25 kilograms of uranium [55 pounds] enriched to 20 per cent.
According to Salehi, Iran continues enrichment to 20 per cent to provide fuel for researcher's reactor in Tehran, used in medical purposes.
Salehi added Iran can create own nuclear weapons and violate the Non-Proliferation Treaty.
The USA and a number of other Western countries accuse Iran of development of nuclear weapons under cover of peaceful nuclear energy program. Tehran rejects all the accusations claiming its nuclear program to be of exclusively peaceful character.