- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili celebrates the anniversary he introduced2010-09-01 10:48
Today Georgia marks an anniversary President Mikheil Saakashvili introduced after the armed assault on South Ossetia. Two years ago, on September 1st 2008 he delivered a pompous speech at the Liberty Square in Tbilisi and claimed that "those, who wanted freedom and independency, were banished from their houses, but we will unite again and will be one."gt-en-newsitem-inside
Back then the speech was accompanied with no less pompous action: according to local mass media, over 1 500 000 people all around Georgia formed a chain.
Whether anything like this will be held today, remains unknown. Both the population and the leader have far more important issues than again forming a human chain.