- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Russian journalist: Americans will get rid of Saakashvili2010-09-01 14:41
Mikhail Leontiev, a well-known Russian journalist, claimed that Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, will have the same fate as Viktor Yushchenko. He made this statement when speculating about U.S. course.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The present-day strategy of the USA towards Russia is far smarter, more delicate and destructive that plans of Bush's administration," he said to the Argumenty i Fakty [Russian newspaper].
In his view, America is interested in "fixing own profit in the zone of Russia's interests". "What for it needs a new Yushchenko, when historical Russian-Ukrainian mental monolith has already been broken by the "orange" ones? Keep messing in the fractured skull with a finger, causing pains? What for to drag Ukraine to NATO, threatening, in the best case, with split of the country civil confrontation? The main thing that the project of separating Russia and Ukraine get to the stage that even Yanukovich can manage it now," Leontiev says.
"The same with Georgia. The system task is solved, and Americans now have another problem - to get rid of Saakashvili, as they did with Yushchenko."