- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
The UN delegation holds negotiations in Abkhazia with a new mandate2008-12-04 12:08
The UN department of Peacekeeping Operations and Political Affairs delegation arrives in Sokhumi today.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The delegates: David Harland, Director for the Europe and Latin America Division in the UN Department of Peacekeeping Operations; Elizabeth Spechar, the director of the Americas and Europe division of the Department of Political Affairs (DPA); Akilbay Eleusizov, the officer of the UN Department of Peacekeeping operations; Christopher Carlin, the Department of Political Affairs officer; Orisi Rabukavako, lieutenant colonel, the officer of military planning issues of the military issues office of the UN Department of Peacekeeping Operations; Victoria Timoshenko, the officer of police office of the UN department on peacemaking operations.
The delegates are going to negotiate with Abkhaz administration, discuss political situation in the republic and work out a new security mandate, RIA-Novosti informs.
The planned meetings: with Sergey Shamba, the Minister of Foreign Affairs; Nuzgar Ashuba, the Speaker of the Parliament; Stanislav Lakoba, the Secretary of Security Council; representatives of non-governmental organizations.
On December, 5th a trip to Gali district, bordering on Georgia, is planned. Another event of the day is the meeting with Ruslan Kishmaria, the President's Plenipotentiary in the district.
Today Patricia Flor, German ambassador to Georgia, visits Abkhazia and meets Sergey Bagapsh, the President of the republic, and Sergey Shamba, the Minister of Foreign Affairs.