- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Russian military bases in South Ossetia and Abkhazia can secure borders2008-12-05 09:36
Russian military bases in Abkhazia and South Ossetia "are now ready to give smashing battle to every attempts of Georgian regime to start a new aggression against these Russian-friendly states", said Colonel General Anatoliy Nagovitsin, the deputy head of the General Staff of Russian Armed Forces, ITAR-TASS informs.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Nagovitsin, Georgia builds up troops near Abkhazian and South Ossetian borders. "We are ready to respond properly and instantly to every aggressive Georgian sally", - Nagovitsin assured.
However, the General accepted: "construction of our military bases in Abkhazia and South Ossetia is a very costly and serious process, it sticks to the approved plans and cannot be finished in short period because of great amount of building and engineering works". In his view, construction of barracks will not be finished before winter colds.
At the same time, Nagovitsin assured that despite the terms, bases are ready to perform their tasks right now: to ensure stability of border and security of Abkhazian and South Ossetian population, to neutralize Georgian administration threats, taken under pretence of territorial integrity restoration.