- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Ilia II to increase his “posterity”2010-09-14 17:33
On September 17th the Patriarchy of Georgia will start taking applications from residents on participation in the 13th mass christening of babies to be held in Alaverdoba holiday - Novosti-Gruzia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The ceremony will be held in the Patrairch's Cahtedral of the Holy Trinity [Sameba] in Tbilisi.
Ilia II also announced to be ready to christen 3rd and further children in families where parents were married in church. The first christening of that kind was held on January 19th 2008.
At the present moment the Catholicos Patriarch Ilia II is the godfather of about 6 000 children.
The Department of Statistics registered a boost of birth rate, especially due to appearance of second and third children in families.