- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
General Staff: restoration of Georgian military potential is a great mistake2008-12-05 17:38
Georgia may start another military risky gamble against South Ossetia and Abkhazia, suggests Colonel General Anatoliy Nagovitsin, the deputy head of the General Staff of Russian Armed Forces.gt-en-newsitem-inside
If Georgia, with the help of NATO, restores its military potential, it may start another military campaign against the population of the republic, Nagovitsin stated to ITAR-TASS.
"Considering that Georgia builds up military force near South Ossetian and Abkhazian borders, its administration still nourishes plans and intentions to restore, by any means, the so-called "constitutional order" in the countries, recognized independent, and the territorial integrity, lost after the aggression in August. Georgian administration itself, including Mikhail Saakashvili, directly speaks of such plans", - Nagovitsin said.
In his view, the decision on assistance in restoration of Georgian military potential, made at the NATO member countries Foreign Affairs Ministers meeting in Brussels, is a great mistake
"Tbilisi can be blamed for two bloodsheds in the Caucasus. If NATO really reanimates Georgian war machine, defeated by Russian army, it will encourage Georgian administration for new military risky gambling in the region ", - Nagovitsin said. "It would be a short-sighted policy ", - the general concluded.