- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
USA invites Russia to NATO2010-09-22 12:20
According to Ivo Daalder the U.S. Permanent Representative to NATO, Russia is a European country, and therefore has the right to join the Alliance. He added that Russia's membership isn't NATO's decision, but a decision of Russian leaders and issue of observing procedures, set by the rules - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He noted that Russia's joining the Alliance is possible, but must meet Russia's interests, and the country must make decision on its own.
Previously Nikolai Bordyuzha, the CSTO[Collective Security Treaty Organisation] Secretary General, stated that Russia's joining NATO is an incredibly absurd proposal.
"NATO countries are not ready for Russia's joining, and even if it requested it, - he said. - Moreover, Russia's not ready to claiming its joining NATO. Finally, the Russian Federation has already built its security system with its allies, staying in the territories adjacent to Russian border, and this system of collective security functions."