- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Serious earthquake threatens Ukraine2010-09-22 18:23
It will cause a powerful storm in Crimea, will destroy dams and bridges, scientists of the Institute of Geophysics of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine predict - URA-Inform.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Specialists think the strongest shocks will occur in the west of Odessa region [about 7 points] and in Crimea [up to 9 points]. Alexander Kendzera, the deputy head of the Institute, says it will provoke a very strong storm, able to ruin houses located at the shore of Crimea. In Crimean mountains landslides are possible.
Scientists base their predictions on the recurrence cycle of serious earthquakes in Vrancea area in South Carpathians at the border with Ukraine. Earthquakes with magnitude of 7-7.2 points occur there once in 20-27 years.
Yet they added currently there are no obvious processes, pointing to a serous earthquake.