- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Alexander Rahr: USA uses Georgia to exert pressure on Iran2010-09-23 12:06
Alexander Rahr, a German political scientist, stated that in recent weeks Russia achieved incredible success in South Caucasus.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"It's a brilliant policy," he said and reminded the bases in Abkhazia and South Ossetia; agreements with Armenia; and Medvedev's visit to Azerbaijan proving military and technical cooperation between Moscow and Baku is possible. "Surprisingly, Russia returned to Caucasus", the expert said - Osinform.
"Russia's positions were reinforced in recent weeks, not even months," he said.
In his view, Moscow's achievements were possible due to somehow passive behavior of the USA. Rahr thinks America sits in Georgia and has no aim to restrain Russia. He added Washington uses Tbilisi as a spring ground for a possible attack on Iran.
"They [Americans] are aimed at deterrence of Iran and just turned to the South," the expert suggested.