- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
President of Switzerland saved Obama from shame2010-09-24 11:35
Barack Obama, the U.S. president, missed the sitting of the UN General Assembly for a reasonable excuse - GHN.
For the first time over decades of American presidents' speeches at the Assembly he came late for general political discussions.
U.S. leaders are traditionally second among heads of states and governments to deliver the speech.
Joseph Deiss, the UN GA president, announced Obama would address the Assembly later.
On the tribune Obama was substituted by Doris Leuthard, the president of Switzerland. Normally, she must have followed the U.S. leader.