- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Today jury appears in Georgia2010-10-01 10:27
According to the amendments to the Procedural Criminal Code, on October 1st 2010 the institute of jury is introduced. The jury will return a final verdict - Novosti-Gruzia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
At the initial stage the jury will work only in Tbilisi, and deal with cases of felonies and murders. The group will include 12 people, and 2 more in a reserve. Their verdict cannot be appealed, unless the procedure was violated.
The jury will return verdicts in all cases except for the ones when proceeding from the crime's character it will endanger their lives, or in cases of jury's violation of the right for objective and just trial.