- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Berlusconi: we saved Saakashvili from gallows2010-10-01 16:38
Silvio Berlusconi, the Prime Minister of Italy, said it was official Rome and French authorities that warned Russia's government from seizure of Tbilisi.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In his speech in the Senate of Italy he claimed that owing to joint efforts of authorities of Italy and France there were no attack of Russian troops on Georgian capital in August 2008 - Armenia Today. According to Berlusconi, that would "ruin relations between Russia and the West."
He added the interference of European mediators, in fact, saved the president of Georgia from "being hanged at the tallest tree" by Russian soldiers.
Berlusconi made similar statements in 2009. At the press conference in Rome in 2009 he claimed that "Owing to our interference Russia stopped its tanks, and unless that happened, there would be thousands of victims and hardly reversible break between Georgia and the EU, and disintegration of the Atlantic Alliance."
After invasion of Georgian forces in the territory of South Ossetia Dmitry Medvedev, the President of Russia, proclaimed the beginning of peace enforcement operation. On August 12th 2008 Nicolas Sarkozy and Dmitry Medvedev adopted a plan on conflict settlement.