- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili is jealous of Berlusconi’s interest to Putin and accuses them of “intimate” relations2010-10-01 18:48
Today Mikheil Saakashvili responded to prime Minister of Italy at the press conference with NATO Secretary general Anders Fogh Rasmussen - GHN.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He said the merit of stopping war of 2008 belongs to Georgian people and no-one else. Previously Berlusconi claimed it was joint interference of French and Italian authorities that prevented Russian troops' seizing Tbilisi.
"I would like to thank the EU for the role it tried to play in August war, but the other thing is how it come Russian hasn't already implemented the agreement of August 12th, and, as it claims, doesn't even recognize this statement," Saakashvilli highlighted.
According to the Georgian leader the fact Georgia survived after the war is the merit of the Georgian people and merit of the support the world community borrowed.
"But if we speak of international community, I understand that my friend Silvio Berlusconi is tied with strong friendship, very close, I can say intimate, relations with Vladimir Putin, and if he uses it to his advantage I only hail it. But what concerns saving Georgia - it's again and again was done by the Georgian people."