- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili to be NATO’s guest2010-10-08 10:54
Nika Gilauri, the Prime Minister of Georgia, stated that Mikheil Saakashvili, the head of stae, received the invitation to the upcoming NATO summit in Lisbon - Prime-TASS.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"At NATO summit in Lisbon Georgia will be represented with the president of the country, Mikheil Saakashvili. He was invited by our allies - NATO member countries and personally NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen," he said.
Summit will be held on November 19th-20th.
Before his recent visit Rasmussen said neither Georgia nor Ukraine lost chances to join the Alliance.
He highlighted that decisions of the Bucharest Summit [held in April 2008] remain valid and they will join in case they wish it and meet necessary standards. He added the Alliance respects the right of both countries for other "European and Atlantic aspirations."
He added in the nearest time no sittings of Alliance commission with Ukraine or Georgia are expected.
David Bakradze, the speaker of the Parliament, confirmed the desire of the official Tbilisi. "Georgia will certainly become NATO member: considering this condition was officially registered, the fact of joining is a technical issue and a matter of time."
Shalva Natelashvili, the leader of pro-opposition Labour party, believes the integration on NATO and other international structures under Saakashvili is ruled out.