- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Rurua intends to popularize Georgian culture2008-12-09 15:40
Nika Rurua, the Minister of Culture, considers necessary to work out consistent state policy in this sphere.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Before he was appointed to this position, Rurua was the deputy chairman of parliamentary committee of defense and security.
«In the first line, I will study the range of problems at maximum, meet many people from the sphere of culture, consider all the opinions and together with them I will try to work out a consistent state policy », he said in his interview to Novosti-Gruzia (News-Georgia). According to Rurua, development of culture is one of the most important branches in the work of government. «That's the backbone of our nationality and identity, it's our calling card abroad», the new Minister of Culture noticed.
He mentioned that interest to Georgia has risen around the world in recent times.
«We must bate this curiosity, this vacuum must be filled with pearls of Georgian spirituality at maximum. Popularizing Georgian culture abroad will be one of the priorities», Rurua concluded.