- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Levan Varshalomidze re-elected the leader of Ajaria2008-12-09 17:41
The Supreme Council of Ajaria unanimously re-elected Levan Varshalomidze the head of the government. The Council counts 17 members.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Parliamentary elections in Ajaria were conducted in November.
In 2004 Varshalomidze was elected the leader of the autonomy for the first time, when Aslan Abashidze, the previous leader left for Russia. Even members of opposition, the Christin Democrats, voted for Varshalomidze, The Vzglyad informs.
At the same time, Georgian opposition touches upon the growth of corruption in the autonomy ever more often, and claim that he is an associate of Georgian President, Mikhail Saakashvili.