- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Russian President and Catholicos- Partriarch met2008-12-10 12:02
Yesterday Dmitry Medvedev, the President of Russia, and the Catholicos-Patriarch of all Georgia, Ilia II held a meeting after the funeral of Partiarch of Moscow and all Russia, Alexiy II, RIA-Novosti informs, alluding to Natalia Timakova, the Press Secretary of Russian President.gt-en-newsitem-inside
There is hope for normalization of Georgian-Russian relations, Ilia II announced after the meeting, answering the journalists' questions.
Previously, Russian administration repeatedly stated that Moscow will support friendly relations with Georgian people, but not with Saakashvili regime.
On December, 8th ,Georgian Patriarch arrived in Moscow to participate in the funeral ceremony. After the service in the Christ the Saviour Cathedral, Ilia II announced he will do everything possible to consolidate good relations with the Russian Orthodox Church, despite political contradictions between Russia and Georgia .