- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
USA likes new Georgian Foreign Minister2008-12-11 10:56
The USA welcomes the appointment of Grigol Vashadze to the position of Georgian Foreign Affairs Minister, stated Matthew Brise, the US Secretary of State advisor.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Brise, Vashadze's appointment is good as he has a long story of good relations with Moscow - ITAR TASS.
He adds that they all want good relations between Georgia and Russia, and Vashadze can assist in reaching this goal.
Brise confirmes that the US position in assessment of the armed conflict in Georgia remains the same. According to the US State Secretary advisor, the world community works hard and intensive for territorial integrity support. Brise is sure that Russia hasn't already implemented the terms of the cease-fire agreement.
At the same time, the diplomat agrees that the decision to start combat actions in South Ossetia was made by the present-day Georgian authorities.
Mikhail Saakashvili is still appreciated by many in the USA - for democracy development, though much is still left to do, Brise says.
The diplomat explains that much should be done for civil society building, restoration of mass media freedom and more that just tolerant attitude of administration to the opposition. Moreover, he says that opposition should be cultivated. In his view, now Georgian society has energy, and craving for such things.