- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Half of Georgians live in poverty2010-11-02 12:42
According to Georgian mass media, about 2 mln of republic's residents live in poverty - the VZGLYAD.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Data of census of 2002 say the population of Georgia amounts slightly above 4 mln people.
Soso Archvadze, the exert in economy, says only 20 per cent can be referred to middle or upper class, the standard of life of the rest 80 per cent doesn't meet common standards.
Previously Mikheil Saakashvili, the president of Georgia, said about 20 per cent of country's residents are in need.