- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Poor Georgians counted2010-11-03 10:43
Statistic data say 1 809 728 people in Georgia live in poverty. They all - over 40 per cent of population - need aid of the state.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to census of 2002, the total population of Georgia counts 4 371 535 people. Previously Mikheil Saakashvili, the president, announced another figure - "19-20 per cent." The real figure was twice as big.
Soso Archvadze, the expert in economy, said that "according to empirical observations" 10 per cent of Georgians can be called well-to-do, another 10 per cent - middle class, the living standards of the rest doesn't meet global norms - Newsinfo.