- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Bakradze to reform Electoral Code2008-12-11 14:12
David Bakradze, the Speaker of Georgian parliament, intends to establish a special group to prepare amendments to the Electoral Code, announced he in the course of the round table in National Democratic Institute (NDI) , GHN informs.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Georgian Speaker is currently staying in the USA with an official visit. He held meetings with the US Congress representatives, later participated in the round table in NDI.
In his speech in NDI, Bakradze told of democratic reforms in Georgia, including the growing mass media activities.
He also commented upon the possible amendments in the electoral legislation.
«What I'm saying now, is new. When I'm back to Georgia, I intend to initiate establishment of a special group to work on amendments to the electoral code.
The group will include representatives of international organisation, as well as parliamentary and non-parliamentary opposition. The purpose of group formation is the creation of a new electoral code. I think, it's a quite important issue», - Bakradze stated.