- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Tbilisi recognized as an over-expensive city2010-11-09 14:49
Tbilisi, the capital of Georgia, has been recognized as one of the most expensive cities of the world.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Business-Georgia, the fact of Tbilisi's excessive costs was stated by Georgian newspaper Financial. According to the results of investigations carried out by the periodical, life in the capital of the country turned out to be much more expensive than in many other European cities. The situation is aggravated by the fact that the income of the Georgian population is incomparably smaller than that in Europe.
However, according to the periodical, the foreigners cannot feel safe in the capital of Georgia for the reason of excessive prices for motor transport and dwelling.
Car rent in the capital of Georgia is approximately 663 euro per week, while in Dublin the price is about 46 euro. In Berlin, the monthly rent of an apartment starts with 1000 euro, while in Tbilisi, a similar apartment costs 1500-2000 euro.
In the specialists' opinion, the reason for the high prices is the negative trade balance of the country, monopolistic prices, small market, low competition and a high import indicator.