- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Constitutional reform to be started in Abkhazia2010-11-09 19:25
Abkhaz parliament is going to discuss the amendments to the republic's constitution, Apsnypress reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"These amendments will lay foundation for the Constitutional reform that has been prepared for several years running. These changes will trigger other ones related to the authority of the Parliament, President, Supreme Court and Constitutional Court", - said Speaker of Parliament of Abkhazia Nugzar Ashuba.
The amendments are going to concern the seventh clause regulating the order of making amendments to the basic law of the country. The president's proposal as to amending the constitution was received by the parliament about a year ago. A conciliation commission was established then.
"The seventh clause is the key to the whole Constitution of Abkhazia. Within a year, much work has been done, and we can say that we have got to the final stage of making amendments to the basic law of the country", - Nugzar Ashuba concluded.