- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Vera Kobalia looking for money to release mariners2010-11-10 19:16
Vera Kobalia has applied for international aid in releasing Georgian mariners captured by pirates, GHN reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Kobalia applied to the head of International Maritime Organization with a relevant request during a meeting in London.
"We asked this organization for help so that the issue would be again raised at the international level and they would help us free the Georgian mariners from Somali captivity", - Vera Kobalia pointed out.
In the context of the London meeting, the minister invited the head of the organization to Georgia.
Let us remind you that Georgian mariners were captured at the beginning of September.
The pirates demand one million dollars for the liberation of fifteen sailors, though before, they had demanded fifteen million dollars.
Still, Georgia believes it to be too great a sum. Meanwhile, the sailors' relatives are going to hold an action in Batumi, so long as the Georgian citizens' situation in Somali remains complicated.