- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Official unemployment in Georgia reaching almost 17 percent2010-11-11 14:32
According to Gruzstat, the amount of unemployed in Georgia is 16,9%.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Business-Georgia reports that according to 2009 data, the aggregate number of the employed population in the county is 1,656 thousand people, of which 36,1% have been employed as workers and 63.9% are self-employed.
The number of the unemployed citizens compared to 2008 is reported to have increased by 0,4% up to 16,9%.
It should be noted that representatives of the Georgian opposition claim the official data to be drastically different from the real situation. According to some of the statements, the unemployment level in the country is about 80%.