- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili never to get Israeli weapon – MFA2010-11-11 15:28
Israeli MFA officers refute information about the possible supply of the modern Merkava-4 armor to Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to IzRus, representative of Israeli foreign policy administration, Head of the Central Europe and Eurasia Department Pinhas Avivi characterized these rumors as nonsense. "I can bindingly state that we are not selling any armor to Georgia, and we are not going to. There is no chance of a transaction like that! This is completely out of the question", - he said.
Earlier, information about Israel's possible sale of several Merkava-4 tanks was disseminated by local media. However, there was no evidence of Georgia being put on the list of the countries where the armor could be sold.
Neither have officers of the Georgian Ministry of Defense commented upon the rumours on Israel's possible supply of Merkava-4 armor.