- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian parliament celebrating 20th anniversary2010-11-12 13:22
Today, on November 12, Georgian parliament is celebrating its 20th anniversary since the day of its activity resumption, GHN reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Speaker of parliament David Bakradze came out with congratulations of the matter. He said that the first parliamentary elections in Georgia were held on 28 October 1990 and they were the first multiparty elections.
However, Bakradze pointed out that such elections were held in Georgia in 1918.
The speaker underlined that the elections in 1990 were very important, being held for the first time after the 70-year communist rule. Let us remind you that the elections in 1990 were won by Zviad Gamsakhurdia's election block Round Table - Free Georgia.