- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
NATO does not need Saakashvili – Russian diplomat2010-11-12 15:30
Russian Ambassador to Austria Sergey Nechayev stated that Russian troops in Abkhazia and South Ossetia protect both republics from the possible aggression on Georgia's part.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As Nechayev said in his interview to Der Standard Austrian newspaper, RF military bases in Abkhazia and South Ossetia are "an intimidating factor for Tbilisi hotheads".
He also noted that he regards Tbilisi's attempts to join the North-Atlantic alliance to be fruitless.
"I hope Georgia is no longer relevant as a candidate for NATO membership, which will help us develop productive contacts with the North-Atlantic alliance", - he underlined.
The diplomat stressed that Russia wishes to mend relations with Georgia but it's impossible with the current Tbilisi regime.
"Georgians and Russians are two brotherly nations. However, Saakashvili's regime can be called neither honest, nor capable of compliance with the agreements", - Nechayev pointed out.