- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Medvedev physically unable to talk to Saakashvili - expert2010-11-13 15:35
A well-known British expert Thomas de Waal stated that Georgia has got no clear line of policy in respect of Abkhazia and South Ossetia and made a forecast concerning the possibility of restoring diplomatic relationship between Moscow and Tbilisi.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"It's still unclear what kind of policy Tbilisi is pursuing. On one hand, it tries to stress the fact of Russian troops occupying its territories but on the other hand, it perfectly understands that it has to work with people, that people are people and they cannot be punished just for where they live. Perhaps, it reveals a split inside the government here, in Tbilisi", - said Thomas de Waal in his interview to Echo of Caucasus.
He also stressed the fact that the resumption of the Russian-Georgian relationship is possible only when Mikheil Saakashvili leaves his presidential post. "Actually, Putin and Medvedev on one part and Saakashvili on the other part have given up bilateral relationship for lost. I believe, we can speak of some minor covenants on the frontier and so on but we have to wait for a new president. It would be good if the new president were less authoritative to resume a healthy dialogue", - the expert underlined.
"I think Moscow realizes the necessity of dealing with the Georgian president but they simply cannot stand Saakashvili physically. Even if he stays as prime minister, the main figure of the county will be the new head of the state, with whom it will be possible to deal", - he added.