- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Rasmussen: NATO eastward expansion goes in line with Russia’s interests2010-11-16 12:50
In the opinion of NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen, NATO's possible expansion towards east falls within Russian interests, Echo of Moscow reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In his opinion, it is the first time in Russia's history when such a stable partner may become its neighbour.
At the same time, Rasmussen underlined that Ukraine and Georgia may eventually become North-Atlantic Alliance members should they want to.
Let us underline, though, that in the foreseeable future, the prospect of Georgia's entrance into the alliance won't be discussed on NATO's initiative. In its turn, Ukraine's new political line does not imply integration to NATO.