- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Muslims holding celebratory namaz in the street2010-11-17 14:47
Abkhaz Muslims have held celebratory namaz right in the street. The prayer hall in Sukhum could not house the people who gathered, Echo of Caucasus reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The religious are growing in number each year, so there is a great necessity in building another mosque. Many local Muslims return to their ancestors' belief, so we must build a new mosque. There is a great demand for that", - says Deputy Director of the Muslims Religious Affairs Department of Abkhazia Timur Dzyba.
Let us remind you of the recent attack at the Abkhaz Muslims. A prayer hall in the town of Gudauta was attacked by fire, which resulted in the death of two people.
In the opinion of representatives of the Muslims Religious Affairs Department of Abkhazia, despite the incidents, the amount of people adhering to Islamic traditions is growing in Abkhazia.