- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
European Parliament waiting for Saakashvili2010-11-17 15:47
Deputy Foreign Minister of Georgia Nino Kalandadze reported that President Mikheil Saakashvili is going to deliver a speech at the European Parliament session in Strasbourg on November 23.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As has been reported by IA REGNUM, Kalandadze told about the head of the Georgian state being invited by the European Parliament deputies to the session.
"This gesture of our European friends is a very rare tradition when a head of the state not being member of a European association is given an opportunity to deliver a speech in European Parliament.
This decision, when the Georgian president is given such chance for the second time, definitely proves that Europe looks on Georgia as on a present and future partner, taking its problems to heart", - she stated.
The Georgian diplomat underlined that official Tbilisi highly appreciates the European officials' conduct.
Saakashvili is also reported to plan a meeting with Head of European Parliament Hans-Gert Pottering.