- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
A bypass railroad to be built around Tbilisi2010-11-17 17:58
Preparative works are carried out at the railroad section leading to Kakheti before the construction of Tbilisi bypass road, Business-Georgia reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the initial project, the development of construction projects of four railroad bridges, one tunnel and nearly five kilometers of track has been completed.
The construction of a bypass railroad around Tbilisi will allow redirecting freight trains so that they won't enter the city.
Besides, works are performed at a number of sections and in the west of the country that will allow to significantly increase the speed of passenger trains. The Tbilisi-Batumi train is planned to cover the distance in three hours.